Wednesday, November 11, 2009

New Wreath

I finally got around to making my autumn wreath. I took the one that I've used for the past three years apart and threw away the old flowers. Since I don't have a cover over my front door, my wreaths don't last very long and I have to at least change out the ribbon yearly. I use to discard the whole wreath, but I've learned that if I just stick the florals in and not use hot glue I can easily change out the florals. Yes, sometimes the flowers fall out, but it's not that big of a deal, I can just poke them back in. And it totally saves money.

My kids made those cute pumpkins. I love them. I'll have a post about them later.

Upclose of the ribbon. I totally love ribbon. I would put it on everything if I could and I think that's what makes my wreaths look nice. I add many different textures and types, and I like to throw in an unusual color just to shake things up.

This is the first year that I've added a sign. Something I saw in blogland. It was a sign that I got on clearance for $1 and I spray painted it with chalkboard paint and wrote "Welcome Ya'll". Lou Lou wanted me to write "Happy Fall Ya'll", but I didn't have enough room. Now to see if it holds up with all the rain that's coming from Hurricane Ida.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment